Tissue Paper Flowers (DIY)
I remember making this tissue paper flowers DIY craft as a kid with my grandma! They’re a super easy craft to make, they’re very inexpensive, and they’re a great way to bring flowers into your decor if you’re like me and you have troubles keeping things alive! 😉
To make tissue paper flowers, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Tissue paper
- Thin wire
- Florist tape
- Fake flower (you’ll use the existing stem)
- Wire cutters (to cut the fake flower stem)
I got everything above from Walmart including:
- Clear vase
- Decorative stones
Here’s how to make my tissue paper flowers DIY craft:
- Accordion-fold 4 or 5 pieces of tissue paper together. My tissue paper measured about 12″ x 16″ (30 cm x 40 cm) initially.
- Staple the folded tissue paper bunch in the middle.
- Cut some thin wire to encircle the tissue paper bunch.
- Twist the wire around the tissue paper bunch to create a mini stem off one end. Round the ends of the tissue paper with scissors.
- Spread out one side of the tissue paper.
- Separate the top layer of tissue and raise it toward you. (Keep the wire stem facing down, away from you as you build the flower toward you.)
- Continue separating and raising each subsequent layer of tissue. This will create the multiple layers of flower petals.
- When you’re finished one side, do the same to the other side of the flower.
- Once both sides of the tissue layers are completely fanned out and separated, make sure the wire stem is pointing out the back. If it isn’t, shimmy it in place.
- Remove the existing bloom from the fake flower.
- Wrap the mini wire stem of the paper flower around the stem of the fake flower.
- Wrap florist tape around the top of the fake flower stem to hold the paper flower in place.
- Enjoy your beautiful paper bloom!
- Make another and put them together in a glass vase with decorative rocks.