Pom-Pom Chicks (DIY)
Googly eyes can make nearly anything super cute! Pop them on pom-poms with a few added details, and you’ve got an adorable little chick. Chirp, chirp! This is a fun, easy craft that’s great for kids and perfect for Easter.
To make pom-pom chicks, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners (orange)
- Felt (peach)
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric scissors
- Wire cutters
I got all of my supplies from DeSerres.
Here’s how to make pom-pom chicks:
- Cut a small triangle of felt for the chick beak. (If you want, also cut two ovals for wings.)
- Use wire cutters to cut one pipe cleaner into four even pieces.
- Twist two pipe cleaner pieces together to form a chick foot. Bend the foot at the ankle, which will allow your chick to stand on its own. Do this again to make a second foot.
- Glue two pom-poms together to form the chick body.
- Glue the eyes, beak, and feet onto the chick body. Side note: When I glued the beak, I put only a small dab of glue across the long edge of the felt, then tried tucking the glued edge into the pom-pom, which allowed the beak to stick out, rather than lay flat.
- Make lots of friends for your little pom-pom chick!